The Office has an information and referral line that is available 24 hours a day, every day. Our senior service specialists will work with you during our office hours to provide resources and help resolve issues. Staff at bc211 will assist after hours.
Call us at 1-877-952-3181 (toll free) or 250-952-3181
The Office monitors and analyzes seniors services and makes recommendations to government and service providers to address systemic issues in five areas: health care, housing, income support, community support and transportation.
- COVID-19 VaccinationsGet vaccinated and help stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Provincial Health Officers OrdersProvincial restrictions are made by the Provincial Health Officer under the Public Health Act.
- B.C. Restart PlanB.C. is currently in Step 3 of the Restart Plan.
- ResourcesThe BC Centre for Disaese Control is the best source for COVID-19 health information.
- COVID-19 StatisticsThe BCCDC, Provincial Health Officer and the Government of Canada all provide regular updates on COVID-19 cases.
- Home Support Survey 2021/22In December 2021, the Office of the Seniors Advocate launched the second province-wide survey of Home Support recipients and their families/caregivers. All home support clients and their family/caregivers are invited to participate in this survey.
- Income Support Impacted by CERBThe Canadian Economic Recovery Benefit (CERB) in 2020 it may have impacted your federal Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) payments.
- Wildfires in B.C.More than 1500 properties in B.C. remain under evacuation order due to wildfires raging nearby.
The following links provides access to online resources that may help answer your questions.
Long-Term Care Directory
Our Long-Term Care Directory can help you find information about publicly funded long-term care care homes in B.C.
Seniors’ Guides for Health Living
The BC Seniors’ Guide and the BC Elders’ Guide contain information to help you plan for and live a healthy lifestyle as you age.
Download the BC Seniors’ Guide
(Ministry of Health)
Download the BC Elders’ Guide
(First Nations Health Authority)