Long-Term Care Directory – Data Sources
If you have questions about the data in the Long-Term Care Directory, contact our office at 1-877-952-3181.
Data included in this report were gathered primarily from long-term care facilities, health authorities, the Ministry of Health, the Canadian Institute of Health Information (CIHI), and BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) as follows:
Sources by report section:
- Facility, facility fees for personal services, room configuration, and contracted services are reported by the managers/directors of care at each facility,
- Beds and total direct care hours are reported by the Ministry of Health,
- Food costs, facility per diem, and licensing data are reported by the Ministry of Health,
- Resident profile and care services and quality Indicators are reported by the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI), and
- Vaccination coverage information is reported by the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) and the health authorities.