Information and Referral Call Line
The Office has an information and referral line that is available 24 hours a day, every day. Our senior service specialists will work with you during our office hours to provide resources and help resolve issues. Staff at bc211 will assist after hours.
Call us at 1-877-952-3181 (toll free) or 250-952-3181
Monitoring Seniors Services in B.C.
The Office monitors and analyzes seniors services and makes recommendations to government and service providers to address systemic issues in five areas: health care, housing, income support, community support and transportation.
- COVID-19 VaccinationsGet vaccinated and help stop the spread of COVID-19.
- B.C.’s Response to COVID-19Province-wide restrictions are in place to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
- ResourcesThe BC Centre for Disease Control is the best source for COVID-19 health information.
- COVID-19 StatisticsThe BCCDC, Provincial Health Officer and the Government of Canada all provide regular updates on COVID-19 cases.
- Heat Wave Preparedness and ResponseHeat wave warning are in effect across the province and rising temperatures may put vulnerable seniors at risk. With higher temperatures expected, it is recommended that seniors take some additional precautions and family, friends and neighbours are encouraged to check in on older people to ensure they are keeping cool and well hydrated. The dual …
- Calling all Volunteers! Give a voice to residents of long-term careWe’re surveying every long-term care resident in B.C. and we need your help. Join our team of volunteer surveyors to interview seniors about their quality of life in long-term care. No experience necessary. Apply now online.
- B.C. Seniors Advocate invites British Columbians to participate in landmark survey of people in residential careThe Office of the Seniors Advocate is launching the second province-wide survey of the experiences of residents living in all 294 publicly-subsidized long-term care homes in B.C. and is calling on all interested British Columbians to join the survey team. Members of the survey team will include British Columbians from a wide variety of backgrounds …
The following links provides access to online resources that may help answer your questions.
Long-Term Care Directory
Our Long-Term Care Directory can help you find information about publicly funded long-term care care homes in B.C.
Seniors’ Guides for Health Living
The BC Seniors’ Guide and the BC Elders’ Guide contain information to help you plan for and live a healthy lifestyle as you age.
Download the BC Seniors’ Guide
(Ministry of Health)
Download the BC Elders’ Guide
(First Nations Health Authority)